Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sephora Samples Review~!

Hey Guys~!

Sorry I haven't posted something in a while. I've just started camp, so I've been a bit busy. But here I have some product reviews for you guys. So I went shopping a few weeks ago at Sephora and since I'm poor, I got a ton of samples. So I decided to review them for you guys.

I have. . .


- Smashbox Photo Ready BB Cream
- Benefit They're Real! Mascara
- Benefit Watt's Up
- Lancôme Cils Booster XL
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

With that, now let's get into the review~!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been trying to find a BB Cream for months now that I like. I tried the Maybelline one and the shade Light was too dark. So when I went to Sephora, I asked for a BB Cream sample so I could try it out. Initially I liked that it had SPF 35 and a Fair option. Because I'm extremely pale, I decided to sample the BB Cream in Fair. I tested it on my cheek because I have extremely red cheeks. I think this BB Cream has nice coverage if you compare the photographs.  Also it feels really light which is how I like a BB Cream to feel. Overall I think this is a nice BB Cream and if you have money to spend, I recommend it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always like testing out new mascaras so when I got a mini Benefit's They're Real! sample, I was excited since I'd heard it was a good mascara. The wand has thick, spikey bristles and a sphere shaped tip with the same bristles.

It gives my lashes a thickness that I really like. Also it holds a curl really well. This is a really nice mascara if you can afford it, but a dupe for it is the ELF 3-in-1 Mascara. It's only $3 and it can be purchased at Target or on the ELF website. They have extremely similar wands except the ball on the ELF one is bigger. 











-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next product is also from Benefit and it's a highlighter called Watt's Up. First of all I love the name and the packaging. I though I wouldn't like it cause I've never been a fan of highlighter. I had already tried Benefit's High Beam and it looked really bad on me. But I love this highlighter. It's a champagne color which I think looks nice with my skin tone. It gives a nice natural glow to my cheeks and I plan on buying the full sized one when I run out of my sample.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never tried anything from Lancôme so getting this sample was exciting for me. I got the Lancôme CILS Booster XL, a mascara primer. I don't exactly understand the point of a mascara primer, but I thought it would be fun to try out. The product is white, but it doesn't turn your lashes grey or change the color of the mascara, and on a very basic wand. This promises to maximize the effects of your mascara. To test it I decided to use my Revlon Lash Potion Mascara (which I love). Lash Potion is a lengthening mascara and I thought the CILS Booster XL would lengthen my lashes even more. It applies strangely and it ruined the curl of my lashes and made them straight. Also it did nothing for my mascara. I don't recommend this product at all. It does nothing at all and the full size is $24.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My last product is a skin care sample that one of the Sephora employs recommended to me. It's called the First Aid Ultra Repair Cream. I have combination skin so sometimes my skin gets randomly dry. (I forgot to take a before and after picture of this product) I love using this because my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards like it does with some creams. If you have dry skin or combination normal/dry I recommend this cream and I think it's completely worth it.

Alright so those are my reviews on some samples I got a Sephora. I hope this was helpful for you guys.

See you at my next post~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆