Saturday, January 11, 2014

Revlon ColorStay Foundation {Worth the Hype?}~!

Hey Guys~!

Today I have another controversial makeup post. This product has been a favorite of many people because of its large shade selection, high coverage formula, and lasting power. So I got it and I'm here to tell you guys if the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation is worth the hype.


The packaging is very simple, like many foundations. It's just a cylinder contain with a screw on lid. I have one problem with the packaging, and it may just be my foundation, but sometimes mine leaks, even if I twist it close, and gets foundation all over my other makeup.


I purchased the combination Normal/Oily formula, but they also have a Normal/Dry formula. I get a little shiny so I assumed this would absorb the oil on my skin. After an average school day, which is about six hours, I'm super shiny. I don't touch up my makeup during school and when getting the oily skin formula, I assumed it would prevent this.


According the to Revlon website it's supposed to have medium to full coverage. I do think it has medium coverage, but I have to work hard with this to get full coverage. I use a stippling brush to apply this and it looks nice now. But it doesn't last for the 24 hours that it promises.


Here's a before and after photograph of me wearing the foundation. On the left is right after I applied it. On the right is after a regular six hour school day. In the right one my skin is shinier and the foundation has broken down, barely giving me a medium coverage.

I'm in the lightest shade #110 Ivory. I have really fair skin and this matches pretty well. It does
I got mine on sale for around $9, which I think is reasonable for a drugstore foundation. But if you can't get it on sale, it's about $14-15. It's one of the most expensive drugstore foundations I've ever seen. Yes there are foundations that are $12-13, but the ones I've seen don't promise the same affects of cheaper drugstore foundations.

Packaging: ♥♥♥♥

Formula: ♥♥♥♥♥

Coverage: ♥♥♥♥

Staying Power: ♥♥♥♥♥

Price: ♥♥♥♥♥

Overall: ♥♥♥♥♥

Is it worth the hype~?

Honestly I prefer my Covergirl Outlast Foundation over this. Maybe I just haven't found the best way of working with Revlon Color Stay, but for now I don't see what's so great about it. It doesn't have the staying power it claims to have and I just don't really like it.

I hope you guys enjoyed this 'Worth the Hype' post. Comment if you've tried this foundation and tell me your experience with it. See you guys at my next post.

xo

Alyss

1 comment:

  1. It looks good! I'd like to try it x)
    Thank you for the review!

    macabrefledgling.blogspot.cz
    ✿ Rinako ✿

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆