Wednesday, June 11, 2014

D.I.Y. Bird Nest Necklace~!

Hey Guys~!

I was looking around on Etsy for jewelry and I saw a picture of this really cute necklace.
It's a wire bird nest and I thought it was super cute for spring. But they were selling it for a ton of money, so I looked for a tutorial on it. Today I'll be showing you how to make your own~~!

You'll Need. . .
Wire
Pearls or Glass Beads
Chain
Clasp
Jump Rings
Pliers
Wire Cutters

So let's start~!

First pick out whatever beads or pearls you want. These will be the eggs in the bird's nest. You can either do one, or do however many you like. I decided to do three.


Once you've done that, start wrapping the wire around the beads. Then wrap some wire in the spaces between the beads, this will prevent them from moving around. Do about three loops in between each bead so it looks like this.



Now for the back, you want to weave the rest of the wire through the existing wire to create the bottom of the nest. This took a while to do, so be patient. 


Next with your pliers open up a jump ring and put the nest charm we made on it. Just loop it though a piece of the wire. Close the jump ring around the chain.

 Lastly open up two jump rings and attach the two clasp pieces, one on each end of the necklace.


And that's it, you're finished~!



I hope you guys liked this super cute D.I.Y. necklace. If you enjoyed it, leave me a comment and suggest what my next D.I.Y. project should be. Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss


3 comments:

  1. great post,love the details
    keep intouch
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea! Would you like to follow eachother?
    Kisses

    www.mystyleisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah you are reall creative! The necklace looks super cute x
    xoxo
    Serainie

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆