Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metals {Barely Branded and Inked in Pink} Review~!

Hey Guys~!

I've been a huge fan of the Maybelline Color Tattoos recently. I enjoy using them as an eyeshadow base or for a single shadow look. Today I'll be reviewing the Color Tattoos I own from the metals collection, Barely Branded and Inked in Pink. So let's start~~!


The packaging for these is similar to other cream eyeshadows. It's a pot with a screw on lid. When buying it from a store, there's a plastic seal on it, which I like cause I don't want something I'll put on/near my eye to have been touched by someone else.


A quick tip for these cream shadows and other cream products is to store them lid faced down. By keeping them upside down, you prevent them from drying out quickly.

In the metals line, there are five shades all with metallic finishes. There's a gold, silver, deep royal blue, champagne, and pink. I have the champagne and pink ones. They're called Barely Branded and Inked in Pink. Out of the line, they're the only ones I'd personally use, which kind of upset me. I wish there was a rose gold shade or other more neutral metallic shades.

Here are swatches of both of them. . .


When I wear these, often I use Barley Branded by itself on the lid and in my inner corner to help brighten. And for Inked in Pink, I use it as a base for eyeshadow looks I create with the Urban Decay Naked3 Palette.

Formula wise, these are great. They're super creamy once you warm them up with your fingers before applying. The staying power is great too, even if I don't have a primer underneath or set it with a powder shadow.


At the drugstore, these cost around $7 - $8 which I personally think it a lot. Yes they do work great, but with this line there's such a small color selection. If I wanted to try one of the other shades, I'd have to spend that amount on something I can assume I probably won't use. So that's why I think it's a little overpriced.

Packaging:
Color Selection:
Pigmentation:
Formulation:
Texture:
Staying Power:
Price:
Overall:

I really do enjoy these, however there a few problems, with the color selection and the pricing. But those don't have to do with the product, so that's why I gave it such a high rating. I know other cream shadow bases exist, but this is the best one I'd tried, and it's not as expensive as the others.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review on the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metals. If you want to see a review on anything in particular, leave me a comment and I'll see if I can. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image




2 comments:

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆