Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fourth of July Nail Art Tutorial~!

Hey Guys~!

Today I have a nail art tutorial for you all. With the 4th of July almost here, I thought I'd show you guys how to create some festive red, white, and blue nails.


It may look complicated with the stripes, but I'll show you how to easily make them on both hands. And they almost have a nautical look, making them great for all of summer. So let's start~~!

You'll Need . . .
Base Coat
Red Nail Polish
White Nail Polish
Blue Nail Polish 
Glitter Top Coat
Clear Top Coat
Tape
Toothpicks / Nail Dotting Tool

First apply a base coat to protect your natural nails. Once it's dry, apply 2 - 3 coats of a red polish on your  thumb, pointer, and pinky nail. For the other two nails, paint them white. Make sure you apply enough coats so all the colors are super opaque and vivid. 


For the middle finger nail, apply a glittery top coat over it. You don't want to see much of the white polish left. 


To make the stripes, cut pieces of tape that are about the same size and width. Wait for your ring finger nail to be dry and then place down the tape and stick it down onto the nail. Then apply a thick coat of your blue nail polish. While the polish is still wet, pull of the tape and you'll have stripes like these. 


Next is the heart. Using either a dotting tool or a toothpick, make two red dots that are slightly connected. Then take a toothpick and gently pull the ends of the dots together to make a heart like this one. 


Lastly apply a clear top coat to seal in your design and add a beautiful shine. And now you're finished~~!


I hope you guys enjoyed this Fourth of July themed nail art. If you have any questions or suggestions for future nail art tutorial, let me know in the comments. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss


| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' |

P.S. Misa from {Misaraisu} is having a Kawaii Box giveaway. I personally really want to win, so good luck to everyone else who enters. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Perfect for the fourth!


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com/2014/07/michael-todd-true-organic-products.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQOiv322WM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore this tutorial! Going to try this nail art soon <3 thank you!

    p.s. following your adorable blog!
    http://moreulzzlang.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆