Monday, July 7, 2014

Sephora 2014 Beauty Insiders Birthday Gift Review~!

Hey Guys~!

My birthday was a few months ago and certain stores give out little gifts to members on their birthdays. So when I went to Sephora, I received their 2014 gift containing Make Up Forever products. I've never tried anything from that company, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to sample some things and review them for all of you. So let's start~~!


The packaging is the same as any other Sephora gift, a little box. On the front it shows you the two products in the box, a mascara and a lipstick. When you read the back, it has the exact names and shades for them. I don't personally like it, it's kind of plain in my opinion.


I'll first talk about the mascara. It's the Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara. This sample comes with 0.13 fl oz. The shape of the wand reminds me of the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara, {click here} to read the review for it. Both have a cone shaped bristle wand. But what I don't like about this mascara, is the size of the wand. It's really big and it's hard to get all my lashes evenly. 


Here's a close up picture of me wearing this mascara. Compared to my natural lashes, it gave me a lot of length and definition, but not a ton of volume.


The second product is a lipstick and it's the Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Lipstick in the color Natural N9. The sample comes with 0.05 fl oz. The color sort of reminds me of the Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Peach Parfait, but this has more pigmentation. I like the color, but it does seem a little too dark for this time of year.


Here's a swatch of the lipstick. . .


And lastly I have a picture of me both wearing the lipstick and the mascara. 


Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Mascara
  Formulation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  Lengthening: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 Volumization: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Lipstick
 Formulation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 Color: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 Pigmentation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I think this gift is okay. I know that they can't give out all the expensive products, and I like the concept of these little gifts cause I enjoy trying products. But also I'd like a slight choice in the gift since I'd rather get a different lipstick color that I'd wear on a daily basis, since this one is a little dark in my opinion for the summer.

So that was my review on the Sephora 2014 Beauty Insider Birthday Gift. If you enjoyed this or have any questions, let me know in the comments below. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆