Monday, September 1, 2014

August Favorites 2014~!

Hey Guys~!

It's the end of August, meaning I start school soon ;_; Even though I'm not looking forward to it, I thought I'd try and enjoy my last few days of summer by writing a favorites post. That may not sound like the most exciting way to spend a summer day, but it's raining now so I can't do really anything. So let's start~~!

Makeup

This month I don't really have many makeup favorites, I only have three. The first one is the Milani Bella Eyes Eyshadow in the color #16 Bella Champagne. I did recently post a review on it, so {click here} to check it out. It's a really pretty rose gold color, which looks great on its own or in a complete eye look. 

The second makeup favorite I have is the Anastasia Brow Wiz and I'm in the color Soft Brown. I'd heard a lot of great things about this on YouTube, so I thought I'd give it a try. It has a spoolie on the end to brush out my brows and the pencil is really nice and applies smoothly. 

Lastly I have a lip product, and it's something that I showed in my Korean Cosmetics Haul, {click here} to check it out, and it's the Etude House Fresh Cherry Lip Tint in Cherry Lavender. It looks kind of intimidating, but it's not that purpley on your lips. On me it makes kind of a berry or purple toned pink, and I love it~~!

Perfume
Well it's more like a body spray and not a perfume, but what sounds better perfume or body spray?? Anyway I've been in love with the Bath and Body Works spray in the scent Paris Amour. According to their website, this scent contains three layers of fragrances. The first has Sparkling Mandarin, Petite Strawberry, Sparkling Pink Champagne, and Apple Blossoms. The second has Luscious Peach, Jasmine Petals, French Tulips, and Water Lily. The last one has French Vanilla, Coconut Milk, Amber Wood, Sandalwood, and Creamy Musk. All of these blend together to create a beautiful scent that if you can, you should give it a sniff.

Skin Care
I haven't had any really bad breakouts, but I've gotten one or two bad pimples here and there. This month I found a great spot treatment that I'm now in love with. It's the CVS brand Acne Spot Treatment. If you can't get this, the one from Clean and Clear is exactly the same. I'll put this on my blemishes after washing my face at night and when I wake up, they are smaller or gone. 


Anime / Manga

Towards the end of the month I started an anime called Terror in Resonance. I know that this just started recently, but it's amazing. The animation and soundtrack are absolutely beautiful. It's about an alternate version of present day Tokyo, which is being attacked by a terrorist group called Sphinx. The members are two teenage boys, named Nine and Twelve, who now want to take revenge on the world that has tormented them. It's unlike any anime I've ever watched and have instantly been drawn to it. If you haven't started this anime you need to~!!

 
I did also start a manga this month and it's Fairy Tail. I did try watching the anime, but I hate watching long shows, so I thought I'd read the manga instead. I love it~! <3 I'm all caught up and just read the newest chapter, which had my favorite couple in it kissing~!!!! (I'm such an awkward fangirl -.-")

Movies
 
Guardians of the Galaxy was AMAZING~!?!?! If you haven't seen this movie yet, go see it now! It's a superhero movie, but it balances the action and the comedy really well. I loved all the characters, especially Groot. 

So those were my favorites for the month of August. I'd really appreciate it if you told me some of your favorites from this past month in the comments below. I hope you all had an awesome summer~! Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss


No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆