Sunday, September 21, 2014

M.U.A. Lip Stain {Rose} Review~!

Hey Guys~!

Recently CVS began selling makeup from the company M.U.A., which stands for Makeup Academy. I believe this originally is a British brand, and I was excited to see it come to the U.S. Sadly there isn't a lot offered in CVS, mostly lip products and brushes. Because I hate buying brushes from a new brand, without any idea how good they are, I decided to get a lip product. They had a lot to choose from, but I decided on a lip stain. I've been trying it out for a few weeks and now it's time to review. So let's start~~!

The packaging is quite simple, a black lip gloss tube. There's a clear section where you can see the color of the gloss, which I appreciate because I like knowing what I'm buying. The gloss has a doe foot applicator, which I love for glosses since it makes application much easier and even.

At my CVS they had about six or seven shades to choose from, and there was a nice range. The one I chose was in the color Rose. It's a natural dusty rose or mauve color, which looks really nice with my lip color and skin tone.

Here's a swatch of it. . .


It looks really sheer, but on the lips it's super pretty. On my lips this product gives them a natural rose tint that looks like a berry color. I think that makes this great for fall or if you don't like experimenting with dark colors. I have pale skin, and this stain does contrast a bit, but it still looks really nice.

The staying power is alright. It doesn't totally fade on me, even after I eat, and it sets pretty quickly onto my lips. If I want it to stay as pigmented as it does when I first applied it, I do have to reapply it sometimes.


My main problem with this product is the price. This cost me $8 which is a little pricey for a drugstore lip product. I know that some cost more than this, but I'd seen it online on the MUA website advertised much cheaper. CVS did recently send out some MUA coupons, but it would have only taken off $2 and I haven't seen this brand on sale yet. I'd think that if a store got a new brand, they'd come up with a deal or something to make the customers want to buy it, but clearly that wasn't thought of.

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Color Selection: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Pigmentation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Staying Power: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Price: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥  

I really have been loving this lip color for the fall time. It's a really nice color, it applies nicely, and looks great fit any makeup look I wear. I do wish it was a little cheaper, so if you can get this on Amazon or the MUA website for cheaper, get it. I do want to try some of the other colors, but I'll wait till they're on sale.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review. If you have any questions or have a request for a future review, let me know in the comments below. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss

Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆