Sunday, October 12, 2014

1920s Inspired Makeup Tutorial~!

Hey Guys~!

A few nights ago I had a special occasion to attend to.  I really liked my makeup I wore, so I thought I'd show you guys this 1920's inspired makeup look. I didn't have time to film this, so this will be a written out tutorial. Also this look is great if you want to be a flapper girl for Halloween. So let's start~~!
 

To start, apply your favorite moisturizer and/or primer. I'm using the Clean and Clear Gel Moisturizer and then the  Maybelline Baby Skin Primer. This will create a smooth base for the makeup, allowing it to last longer.

For my face makeup, I applied my Tarte Amizonia Clay Foundation with a flat topped brush all over my face and neck. Then under my eyes I applied the Maybelline Lumi Touch Concealer under my eyes and blended it out. For my blemishes and any redness I applied my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and blending it in. To set all of that I used my Airspun  Powder, which photographs beautifully.

Because I didn't want to look washed out in photographs, I decided to lightly apply some bronzer to my cheek bones and around my face. I used my NYC Bronzer, and then for my cheeks I used Sleek's Rose Gold. Lastly I applied Benefit Watts Up Highlighter to my cheekbones and cupids bow.


Now onto the eyes~~!! 1920's makeup was a lot of smokey, dramatic eyes. So I decided to do a deep berry/plum smokey eye.

First I applied eyeshadow primer, which makes the shadows more vibrant and last longer. I used the Elf Primer in Sheer.


Then I lightly filled in my eyebrows where I felt necessary with my Anastasia Brow Wiz. You don't want to make your brows too defined or dark, because you want the attention on your eyes.


For the eye look I'm using colors from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. On my lid I applied the color Toasted, a shimmery berry color, all over with a flat brush.


In the crease and outer V I put the color Hustle, a dark plum, with a small blending brush.


If you think it looks too dark, like how I felt it did, apply a shimmery light pink or champagne in the inner corners. I used the color Sin, on the same small blending brush.


To highlight the brow bone, I used the color Virgin, a pale shimmery pink, and applied it with a fluffy brush only under the arch of my eyebrow.


With a small angled brush, apply the color Sin on the inner lower lash line. Then on the outer lower lash line, apply Toasted. Blend the two colors together where they meet.


Line the upper lash line with a black liquid or gel eyeliner. I made a slight cat-eye, but if you want a more smokey look, blend it out with a bit of black eye shadow. My favorite liquid liner is the Jordana Fabuliner.


To make the eyes pop, line your tight line and water line with a black or gray eyeliner. I used my Stila Smudge Stick in Halfmoon.


Lastly for the eyes I applied some mascara on my upper and lower lashes. If you want to, you can apply false lashes.

On my lips I decided to wear my MUA Lip Stain in Rose, so all the attention was on my eyes. And now we're finished~~!!!


I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions, or requests for future tutorials, let me know in the comments below. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

1 comment:

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆