Friday, October 31, 2014

D.I.Y. Batman/ Bat Girl Costume + Makeup Tutorial~!

Hey Guys~!

It's Halloween and I thought I'd share a really quiz and easy D.I.Y. costume which I do plan on wearing. Criminals beware, for I will be Bat Girl~!! This is cheaper than buying a superhero costume, and this can be adjusted for any other superhero. Also I included a simple tutorial for my makeup. So let's start~~!
image
First we'll make the Bat symbol. There are many patterns online, {click here} to get the one I used, but you can free hand it too. Cut out a large oval out of yellow felt. Then sketch out the bat pattern onto the black felt and cut it out.


Next sew the bat symbol onto the yellow oval. If you can't sew, just use fabric glue or a glue gun to stick them together.


To attach it to the costume, just use a safety pin to secure it onto whatever you're wearing. Or you can sew on a jump ring, string it on to a cord or chain and wear it as a necklace.


Now for the actual costume I decided to wear this black skater dress from Forever21. The material has a spandex/superhero costume look and feel to it, so I thought this would be perfect. Obviously I have my bat symbol on my dress and I love how it turned out~~!! For my "utility belt" I just put on this black one with gold detailing. If you have a yellow belt or ribbon, you can use that instead. If it's cold where you live, where some leggings or thick black tights. I decided just to wear some sheer skin toned ones. Any black shoes or boots work for this look. I decided to wear these black combat boots that I got at DSW.


For my makeup, I just did my regular face makeup routine. The eyes can be made darker, but I wore this to school, so I didn't want to go too crazy. I started by applying an eyeshadow primer from Elf all over my lids.

Then I lightly filled in my brows with my Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil.


I decided to use some eyshadows from my new Too Faced Matte Eye palette (I do plan to review this soon.) I started by applying the color Fresh Linen, a matte pale pink, all over my lid and up to the brow bone.


Next I blended the color Pebbles, a matte mid-toned gray to my crease and outer lid. Make sure you blend it nicely and create an even transition.


Lastly I took the navy blue eyeshadow called London Fog and used it to lightly line my lower lash line.


I decided to line my eyes, since I thought it would make the look more dramatic. I used my Jordana Fabu-Liner in black and did a simple winged eyeliner.


Because I didn't want my eyes too dark, I lined my waterline with a nude liner from NYX. Last part for the eyes was applying mascara to the upper and lower lashes, I used Maybelline's The Rocket.


For my lips I decided to keep them simple and I used a simple light pink lipstick. You can wear a dark berry or black lipstick if you're really daring. And now we're finished~!!



I hope you guys enjoyed my costume and makeup. Share you costumes with me on Twitter or my Facebook page, I'd love to see them~! I wish everyone a Happy Halloween and that you all have a fun night. Thank you guys so much for reading and I hope to see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
imageimageimage
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

1 comment:

  1. It's a very cute costume. :)

    pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆