Saturday, December 6, 2014

Too Faced Matte Eye Palette Review~!

Hey Guys~!

Recently I reviewed a Too Faced Kit, {click here} to check it out. And while at Ulta I decided to get this kit. Instead of doing a full review on the entire kit, I decided just to review the palette. If you want a review on the mascara and eyeliner, let me know in the comments. With that out of the way, let's start~~!


I do really like the packaging for this palette. It's not like any other palette I've used, it has a magnet that keeps it shut. The designs are really pretty and elegant too. However I am worried that it's not super sturdy. I would be cautious to travel with this since it's like a thick cardboard like material.



This is the Matte Eye palette, so all the eyeshadows are matte. Pigmented, matte eyeshadows are really hard to find, so I was very excited to try these. Like other Two Faced palettes, there are three rows with three shades, Day, Classic, and Fashion.

Here's some swatches. . .

Tufted Suede - Tan 
Chinchilla - Neutral Toned Brown
Coffee Bean - Neutral Toned Dark Brown

Velveteen Bunny - White
Pebbles - Cool Toned Grey
London Fog - Navy Blue

Fresh Linen - Pale Pink
Vintage Violet - Muted Purple
Midnight - Dark Grey

Each of the trios look really nice together, and mixing and matching them too creates really pretty combinations. I especially have been enjoying wearing the Day row and then adding Vintage Violet on the lower lash line for a pop of color.  

All of these colors are well pigmented, which surprised me since matte eyeshadows can sometimes be sheer. Also the formulation on these is really nice, they aren't chalky or powdery. 

For the quality of these shadows, the price is totally worth it. The palette itself costs $36 for nine eyeshadows. So basically it is $4 per eyeshadow, and for matte shadows this nice, $4 is great. If you're looking for matte eyeshadows, this is definitely a palette I would get. 

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Pigmentation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Formulation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Price: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

I really like this palette~!! Matte eyeshadows that are this nice a quality are hard to come by, and if you too are looking for matte shadows, then this palette is perfect. The packaging in my opinion isn't travel friendly, but if you pack it safely it should be fine. But otherwise this palette is great and I totally recommend it. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this review. If you have any questions on this palette or a request for a future post, let me know in the comments below. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

3 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty! I haven't tried TooFaced yet but I love their packaging! I want the Chocolate Bar palette so badly haha.
    manicpixiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too faced products are always so nice. but so expensive! loving your review!
    Jessie @ bijou-heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is really interesting & the photos are so great!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♥
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going!
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆