Saturday, July 11, 2015

Maybelline Brow Precise Pencil Review~!

Hey Guys~!

After I posted my empties products, I decided instead of getting another Anastasia Brow Wiz that I would try a new eyebrow pencil. I haven't found an eyebrow pencil that I like from the drugstore, but I decided to try and find something that I like. Today I'll be reviewing this eyebrow pencil from Maybelline. So let's start~~!


I don't really now how to review the packaging of a pencil, because it's just a pencil. I do like that there is a spooly brush on the end, like on the Anastasia pencil, because I use that brush to comb my brows into place before filling them in.


On the Maybelline website, they offer four shades, Blonde, Soft Brown, Deep Brown, and Auburn. It is good that there are multiple shades, but when buying my pencil, I really wasn't sure which one to get, because Soft Brown looked too light and Deep Brown looked too Dark. Why isn't there a medium brown~?

The shade I chose is Soft Brown, because I just hoped it would match. Here's a swatch of it . . .


I would call this more of a medium brown. But I do like how the texture is slightly creamy. However, when I do apply it on my brows, it looks greasy. Then if I blend it out with the spoily brush, the product comes off. I brush my brows super lightly, and it always does this. So I need to reapply it after doing so once, which is really annoying.

For the heck of it, I decided to swatch the Anastasia pencil next to the Maybelline one. Here's the swatch . . .


The colors are different. The Anastasia one is more a warm toned brown and the Maybelline one is darker and cool toned.

The price is pretty decent, especially compared to my Anastasia pencil. It was around $8, which is good for the quality of the product. Also I could buy two of these, for the price of my Anastasia pencil.

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Color Range: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡
Texture:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Formulation:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡
Pigmentation:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Price:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall:  ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡

I do like this pencil, which surprised me a lot. I have tried another Maybelline brow pencil in the past, which I didn't like for different reasons. My only issue with this is how it applies and the sturggle I go through to apply it. I'd much rather get my Anastasia Brow Wiz then use this.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review. Let me know in the comments what some of your favorite brow products are, I love getting product recommendations from you guys. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

5 comments:

  1. Nice review!! I haven't tried any drugstore eyeliners, I should though!

    I really like your blog, would you like to follow each other??

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This eyebrow pencil seems to work well! I also heard good stuff about the other brand you mentioned (Anastasia) too. Some good eyebrow products I recommend are the one from TheFaceShop and also bobbi brown eyebrow shaper ^-^♥

    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review Alyss! I haven't tried Maybelline eyebrow pencil yet but im kind of excited to try it now!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great product!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆