Wednesday, August 19, 2015

City Color Sunkissed Trio in Bronzed Peach Review~!

Hey Guys~!

I was at a store called Five Below recently, where everything is $5 or less, and of course I looked through the makeup section. They had a good variety of products, but brand wise they mainly had Wet n' Wild and City Color. I've never heard of the brand City Color before, so I decided to try something. This blush, bronzer, and highlighter trio really excited me, since I don't own anything like that and today I'll be reviewing it for you guys. So let's start~~!


The packaging for this is quite simple, a large compact with a clear lid. I do wish it had a mirror somewhere, because this could serve as a multipurpose product for traveling. But when traveling, a mirror can serve as a useful tool when rooming in a hotel with other people.


Something that I really like about this product, but I'm not sure if it applies to all the products, is that it's cruelty free. I do like finding companies that don't test on animals, and if you only use companies that are cruelty free, this might be a brand to check out.

At my Five Below there were only two shades, Bronzed Peach and Natural Nude. On the City Color website, there are two other shades, Golden and Tan. There is a nice variety in the different palettes, but I do wish the website described the finishes of the different palettes, because some people may be turned off by a product if for example it's really shimmery and they don't like shimmer.


As said in the title, I got the shade Bronzed Peach, and I just liked the colors of this one more than those in Natural Nude. The blush is a warm peachy pink with light shimmer. The bronzer is warm toned with shimmer, which I really don't like, since I'm not a fan of shimmer in my bronzer. Lastly the highlight is a golden champagne with a nice sheen.

Here are swatches of all the products. . .


The pigmentation is really great for all of these. The texture is surprisingly smooth, almost creamy, which I wasn't expecting for such an inexpensive product. It feels like my more expensive cheek products and is more pigmented than other drugstore blushes I've tried.

At Five Below, I got this for $4 but on the City Color website it is $6.99. While I am writing this, there is a sale on the website and they cost only $4.99. For the quality and quantity of the product, I think it is an amazing price.

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡
Color Range: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Pigmentation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Formulation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Price: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I really was surprised by how much I like this product. Like I said before, for the amount of product and at that price, it's a great value. I am not a huge fan of shimmery products or even highlighters in general, but I have been wearing this highlighter all the time. I am interested in trying more products from this company, especially if everything else is equally as good or better.

I hope you guys enjoyed today's review~! If you have tried this brand before, leave recommendations for other products I should try from them. Also share your opinions of this product for me to read, I love hearing what you guys have to say. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

P.S. June is having an awesome giveaway on her blog, so please go check it out~! {Click here to enter}

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard this brand before, it seems a good product. This is worth to buy, since its inexpensive and good quality ^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also never heard of City Color before, but it sounds like a great find! (^ ^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this brand before but the product looks really nice. Love that it is inexpensive!

    Nicole xo | www.nicolesbeautybabble.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice summer item))) Thanks for sharing)

    kireikana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆